Monday, March 4, 2019

Look!

Who am I? 

Reading: John 1

The crystalisation of our identity is a process of working out at first what we are not. We have many pseudo identities which are bestowed, assumed, and taken for granted. If that identity is taken away we realise that we are more than what we had assumed we were. A useful mental excercise is to remove those “assumed dentities” and examine the result in our lives. For example, If I were not be able to practice as a doctor/surgeon, would I be any different? So how can I say my identity is in being a surgeon? 

John 1: 12 says to all those who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave the authority to be called the children of God. 

Can this be my only identity? What does being a child of God really mean? How can i fill this identity?

As a hospital we need to know first what we are not: we are not a corporate show. We are not a business. We are not here for fame or money or comfort. These are all our false identities which need to be stripped away. 

John saw Jesus and said – “Behold the Lamb of God” and Later.. “Look, the Lamb of God”. 

This is our identity, to point to Him, to witness what he is doing. Look. Oh the searing siren call to shout out “look! Look!” How my heart yearns to shout this out. Give me language, give me a song, give me words and a mechanism to do this loud and clear. Look! Its Jesus! 


No comments:

Post a Comment